Terms and Conditions
- By registering for the Scene Club you hereby agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- It is the user’s responsibility to regularly check the terms and conditions as Nu Metro reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time. The member will be bound by the most recent terms and conditions.
- Every member of the Nu Metro Scene Club (Scene Club) is subject to these terms and conditions, which the member is deemed to have read and unconditionally accepted.
- Scene Club is a membership club / loyalty program open to anyone over the age of 12 years. For applications by persons between the ages of 12 and 18 years, a parent or legal guardian must consent to membership.
- Upon registration with Scene Club you will be issued with a Scene Club Card which uses a point-based system, which will be the currency referred to and used to transact on the Scene Club platform.
- In order to earn points you must present your Scene Club card at the time of purchase, at our box office or snack sales counters.
- Only one Scene Club card may be used per transaction.
- Scene Club points may be spent on all purchases at Nu Metro Cinemas box office or snack sales counters, except where specified below.
- Scene Club points cannot currently be earned from or redeemed against online purchases.
- Scene Club points cannot be used to purchase Nu Metro Gift Cards.
- The Scene Club Card is not a cheque, credit, or debit card, and points accumulated do not constitute cash.
- You can only earn and redeem points in Scene Club by presenting your card at the attendant at a Nu Metro box office or snack sales counter.
- Please keep your Scene Club card safe at all times, as it contains points that can be redeemed by anyone presenting the card at a Nu Metro cinema complex. Only original, undamaged Scene Club Cards will be accepted by Nu Metro for earning and redemption of points. Nu Metro shall not be held liable for cards that cannot be scanned or are otherwise defective.
- The points accumulated on Scene Club cards are not redeemable for cash, and are not refundable and/or transferable. No change will be issued, and any remainder of points will remain on the Scene Club card.
- Points accumulated on a Scene Club card are valid for 12 months from the date of the last issue of points. All points accumulated on any Scene Club card that has not been used for a period of over 12 months will be forfeited.
- Nu Metro reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the Scene Club card or to take any action it may deem appropriate if it suspects fraud or misconduct. The cards shall become invalid once cancelled.
- Membership is open to individual users only. There are no group or company memberships.
- Nu Metro reserves the right to accept or reject any membership application at its discretion.
- There is no cost to join Scene Club. Nu Metro Cinemas reserves the right to review the cost of membership and may, at any time, implement a charge for membership.
- You must complete the full Scene Club registration to be eligible for participation. In order to be successfully registered, Nu Metro will require the following information:
- First name and surname of the applicant
- Contact telephone number of the applicant, or of the parent/guardian in the event of the applicant being a minor
- South African ID number of the applicant, or of the parent/guardian in the event of the applicant being a minor
- Full physical mailing address, or of the parent / guardian in the event of the applicant being a minor
- A valid email address of the applicant, or of the parent/guardian in the event of the applicant being a minor
- Nu Metro may, at any time, replace, cancel or terminate the Nu Metro Scene Club offering. In the event of any termination, the user will forfeit any points that have been accumulated. Termination is at the sole discretion of Nu Metro.
- Staff members of Nu Metro Cinemas who have Scene Club cards may at no point have their cards with them while on duty. Using a staff member’s card while on duty constitutes ground for dismissal.
- Each member may have only one active Scene Club membership. If there is a duplicate card issued in error, the duplicated points from the same purchases will not be transferred to another card.
- Your Scene Club membership may be cancelled should any of the following situations arise:
- you do not comply with the full terms and conditions listed herein
- in the event of your death or sequestration
- should you fail to successfully complete your registration within six months of applying
- should you fail to earn points using your card at least once during a consecutive 12-month period from the date of successful registration
- should Nu Metro suspect abuse, misuse of your membership, or if provision of fraudulent information is suspected
- If requested by you, in an email sent to email@example.com stating your full name, ID number and card number
- If your membership is cancelled, you will forfeit any points accumulated.
- Scene Club points may be used toward purchases at Nu Metro Cinemas, provided that the minimum requirements as set out in the terms and conditions have been met
- Nu Metro will not be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards. In the event of a lost, stolen or damaged card, Nu Metro reserves the right to charge a nominal fee for replacement of the card. In the event that this card is lost or stolen, the balance of points available on the card may only be transferred to a new card if proof of identification is presented by the card holder and if the card history (and latest point balance) is available on our system. The latest point balance, according to our system, will be transferred to the replacement card.
- The point balance as represented on our system is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the balance on any card or the balance to be loaded onto a new card.
- These terms and conditions constitute the whole agreement relating to matters dealt with herein and, save to the extent otherwise provided herein, no undertaking, representation, term or condition relating to the subject matter of this agreement not incorporated in this agreement shall be binding.
- No addition to or variation, deletion, or agreed cancellation of all or any clauses or provisions of these terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and published herein.
- No waiver of any of the terms and conditions of these terms and conditions will be binding or effectual for any purpose unless these terms and conditions are added to or varied in writing herein. Any such waiver will be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose given. Failure or delay on the part of either party in exercising any right, power or privilege hereunder will not constitute or be deemed to be a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege herein.
- Intellectual property rights owned by Nu Metro (including, and without limitation to, Nu Metro’s brands (whether owned, licenced or otherwise) or rights related to materials subsequently developed by Nu Metro shall belong to and remain with Nu Metro.
- Limitation of liability:
- Subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act number 68 of 2008, Nu Metro gives no warranties nor and / or each and any of its respective members, employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents, workmen or representatives accept responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, claim, or other liability or expense of whatever kind or nature—consequential, special, or otherwise—, whether for death, personal injury, loss, damage to property or otherwise, including but not limited to medical claims and legal expenses, or from or in relation to the Nu Metro Scene Club and / or the use or redemption of any Points and / or any other cause whatsoever. You and any parent and / or guardian of a minor child hereby indemnify Nu Metro against any such claim as aforementioned and from any cause whatsoever that may be instituted against Nu Metro unless such injury, loss or damage results from the negligence or wilful misconduct of Nu Metro.
- Nu Metro gives no warranties, and its respective members, employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents, workmen or representatives do not accept responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, claim, or other liability or expense of whatever kind or nature—consequential, special, or otherwise—, whether for death, personal injury, loss, damage to property or otherwise, including but not limited to medical claims and legal expenses, or from or in relation to the Nu Metro Scene Club and / or the use or redemption of any points and / or any other cause whatsoever, and the member and any parent and / or guardian thereof hereby indemnify Nu Metro against any such claim as aforementioned and from any cause whatsoever that may be instituted against Nu Metro unless such injury, loss or damage results from the negligence or wilful misconduct of Nu Metro. Nu Metro shall not be liable to any member for:
- termination or suspension of the Nu Metro Scene Club
- inability to earn or redeem points due to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to systems being off line
- any delay in replacing a lost or stolen card
- any unauthorised use of a card
- the closure of any of our cinema complexes on a permanent or temporary basis from time to time for any reason whatsoever
- a force majeure event, i.e. any event out of its control
- Nu Metro’s total liability for all claims shall not exceed a sum equal to the refund of any unexpired and unused points on the card.
- The use of the card takes place as follows:
- You must swipe your Scene Club card with every purchase to earn points. If you do not swipe your Scene Card at the time of purchase, you will forfeit any points that may have been earned during that transaction.
- You will earn points on any purchase made at Nu Metro. This includes purchases on movie tickets and confectionery, but excludes Nu Metro Gift Cards.
- You may be required to show proof of identification when using your Scene Club card.
- Nu Metro reserves the right to monitor the use of any card at any time.
- Processes governing the earning and redemption of Scene Club points:
- Points cannot be purchased. Points can only be earned as outlined herein.
- Points are not earned on points redeemed, i.e. you cannot earn points when spending points.
- You will earn 10 points for every R 1 spent at Nu Metro box office or snack sales counters. For example, for every R 100 spent, 1 000 points will be earned.
- 1 000 points earned represents R 10, which is able to be redeemed at Nu Metro. Therefore, for every R 100 spent, the equivalent of R 10 will be available to spend at Nu Metro using the Scene Club card.
- Once 1 000 points are earned for the first time, a further 2 000 complimentary points will be added to the points’ balance within 24 hours of achieving the 1 000-points balance. Nu Metro retains the right and discretion to withdraw or amend this bonus at any time. This complimentary points offer shall be a strictly once-off offering. A member will not receive the complimentary points more than once.
- You must earn a minimum of 3 000 points to begin redeeming accrued points using the Scene Club card.
- The maximum number of points that may be earned in one calendar day is 10 000.
- The maximum amount of points that may be redeemed in one calendar day is 50 000.
- Any proposed point earnings or spend over the above amounts will require management approval, and this approval is solely at the manager’s discretion.
- If a purchase is cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the associated points balance will automatically be deducted from the card’s point balance.
- Momentum’s Multiply and Clicks ClubCard benefits apply when used in conjunction with your Nu Metro Scene Club card.
- Double points will be earned for any transaction made on a Tuesday.
- Double points will be earned on the purchase of a Scene Club Promotional Combo. Scene Club Promotional Combos change regularly and will be clearly distinguishable from other confectionery combos.
- Double points will be earned on Scene Club Flick Pick movies. Flick Pick movies are specific movies selected and identified by Nu Metro. Staff will notify customers if their selected movie is a Scene Club Flick Pick.
- Only one point multiplier bonus will apply per transaction. That is, double points cannot be earned on an already-qualifying double-point transaction. For example, one cannot earn quadruple points for watching a Scene Club Flick Pick movie on a Tuesday.
- Nu Metro will – at its discretion – offer a birthday offering to Scene Club members. These offers will vary and it is up to the Management of Nu Metro to decide what these offers may entail. Any birthday offers will be valid for 7-days only within the customer’s birthday week.
- Nu Metro Scene Club may, from time to time, run promotions and competitions. For such promotions and competitions, additional terms and conditions may apply.